Pixcellence have been professional photographers in London since 2005. We have many years of experience with weddings across the capital and the rest of the UK from Brighton to Birmingham and the Home Counties particularly Kent, Surrey, Essex, Middlesex and Hertfordshire.Read The Latest Reviews
We know all of the London wedding venues from the small registry offices to the large churches, hotels and castles – we are recommended by many premier hotels and gardens including the Dorchester and have worked at most of the royal palaces and historic castles. So if you a relooking for a wedding photographer London, then we will be able to work with you to explore and get the best pictures from any of these wonderful English town and countryside locations.
It is also important to know that we work well as part of your overall team of planners, florists, chefs and others.
Pixcellence are members of the Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers – SWPP and have run master classes in photography for the SWPP at their annual London conference, highlighting the quality and skill of the Pixcellence team.
Our Photographic Style
Whenever possible we try to use natural light to capture people at their most natural with candid shots of the families and friends as the wedding day goes onWe believe that the best shots are taken when the subject is not aware of the camera. Patience is key. Of course formal groups of the bride and grooms family and others are also taken and these are dealt with quickly and efficiently. In addition to our wedding work, we provide services free of charge to a number of charities and support enviromently freindly campaings from firms such as The Renewables Company and others.
This discreet approach is used to create a beautiful ‘photographic story’ of your day, recording the moments you remember and those you missed.
So Many Different Ceremonies
We cover a variety of types of events across London – Modern civil and Church events, Asian weddings such as traditional Sikh, Hindu, Muslim and Jewish Weddings.
Everyone’s day is unique and each bride has different ideas on what is most important images for her on that day. So the most important thing that we do is listen – to make sure that we deliver exactly what photographs you most want from your day. Remember that in addition to our work in England Pixcellence cover many other varied international destination weddings across the world such as India, Italy, New York, Paris and the Caribbean as well as all UK city locations. For more information on our photography services and a detailed price list, please contact Pixcellence.
A Photographer For Your London Wedding
Choosing who will photograph your day is a very important and generally it given much less importance than it should. These photos will always be there to remind you of the day. Therefore it is crucial to choose a professional photographer specialized in the type of photography that you like.
There are many things to think about:
1. As soon as your venue is booked, getting in touch with your preferred London photographer to setup an interview and check that they are free. This the first thing to do. Many get booked up over a year in advance of the weddings.
2. If you choose an agency with many staff, make sure which of the team will shoot your wedding day pictures. Many agencies send non-seasoned amateurs and in the end the result could possibly not be what you saw in the agency profile and couples, their friends and family are often unhappy on the day.
3. Enquire about his/her experience in planning and shooting wedding events. It is wise to pick a professional photographer who has comprehensive knowledge of your style of wedding and who can fit in with your plans. This is particularly important for weddings photos that are not traditional such as Asian ceremonies with all their different attractions and fashion. There are lots of good professional photographers in other areas, but wedding photography requires very specific skills and a lot of real life experience is vital to a good fit for your photos.
4. Make a choice regarding exactly what type of photography you would like. The photographer can help and will should show you a complete lifetime of a wedding in their portfolio of photographs, so you can assess whether their creative approach fits with just what you are searching for. Check their reputation by reading the past reviews and testimonials.
5. Make sure your location falls well into the photographer’s coverage area (not at the edge), and whether there will be any charge for transportation, food or additional time, so you can plan and choose accordingly.
6. The amount of time they will spend on the photographs will vary greatly for different occasions. Some stay till the first dance, others will just cover the images of the ceremony and taking group shots, cutting out the end of the event, before the married couple leave for their honeymoon. If you wish ‘full coverage’ of your wedding, make certain you and the photographer have clear idea of when he will start and when he will stop shooting to avoid confusion and disappointment and list things that are essential.
7. If you have any particular requirements for the photographs(moments you would such as to be shot, intricate details of a particular ceremony or reception setting, special attention to the brides mother, guests that must be given special attention during their talk, etc), make sure you review this before time and getting everything down in writing is key. Any good professional will certainly do their best to capture the general ambiance in their pictures, but there can easily be shocks, such as ‘There are hardly any sort of images of aunt Maud and uncle Tony in the shoot’. As a couple, you must make sure you discuss these various details with your photographer before the event.
8. Your agreement must clearly state what your does photography package offer, and just what the surcharges are for added album photos, extra hours of coverage, edit time for the images, etc.
9. Consider what equipment they use. Is it up to date with the latest technology and do they have multiple cameras with backup lens and spare lighting and batteries in case anything goes wrong – many part timers will not have this aspect checked?
Pixcellence are Professional photographers. Their innovative reportage wedding photography style catches every moment to tell the story of your wedding. We have a couple of locations in the capital including Century club, where we are the recommended photographers.
Pixcellence – London Century Club, 61 to 63 Shaftsbury Avenue London W1D 6LQ United Kingdom
Office: 0800 9788 246